Friday, June 23, 2006

grades for dollar$

I have decided, in the end, that I ought to sell keys to my exams. Maybe for $20 per person. It would be a good way to make money. See, I am a "teacher". This means that I stand in front of people every day, people who may or may not be learning anything. Unfortunately, I have rather little to do with whether or not anyone learns anything; learning depends largely (but not solely) on whether or not one goes home and studies. Which brings me to why I should sell the key to my every examination.


It won't change anything--except the amount of money in my pocket, of course. Anyone who wants to learn will learn; anyone who doesn't, won't. And in either (by which I mean, every) case, it doesn't matter whether they have the key or not. Ultimately, it comes down to determination--one thing over which I have essentially no control. I provide opportunities--that is all. What students decide to do with opportunies--that is everything. Four years, fifty thousands dollars, and all you get is opportunies. But that's the only way it can ever be.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should charge $30.

I don't think most of the kids would study diff eq at all unless they were in your class. You give some direction to their home learning. Also I think research backs up the idea that the more ways you hear an idea, the better you'll grasp it. Maybe that's just common sense.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home